Animal manures produced by horse, pig, dairy, rabbit, sheep, etc. are frequently used as fertilizer because of the abundant nutrients in them. Although they’ve been doing a lot for improving soil condition and agriculture harvesting, there still exist some problems, such as unpleasant odor, high-cost delivery, uneven spreading and limited area application. Manure pellet production line is designed to solve all these troubles and aims at providing you with green nutrient organic pelleted fertilizer. Among this production process from animal manure to animal manure pellets, some changes happen.
The Change Process from Manure to Pellets
The change from animal manure to fertilizer pellets can be done in a manure pellet production line. Different from other materials, this one put drying before crushing. The following shows you how to make fertilizer pellets in details
1. Drying: In order to produce animal manure pellets smoothly and successfully, wet raw materials must be dried to 10%~15% of moisture content in rotary drum dryer. Such necessary handling can prevent subsequent manure crusher and livestock manure pellet machine from blocking and malfunction.
2. Crushing: Crushing process in manure pellet production line should be applied for all feedstock larger than 3~5mm (the standard size for pellet making machine), which is quite suitable for poultry waste.
3. Pelletizing: With reasonable structure and undefeatable feature, livestock manure pellet machine plays the most essential role in the production of organic pelleted fertilizer. Raw materials are sent into pelletizing chamber, reshaped by the impact, friction and pressing of rollers, cut into cylinder fertilizer pellets with required diameter and squeezed out from flat or ring die.
4. Cooling: The freshly discharged poultry waste compost pellets have much higher temperature over normal level. If packed directly without cooling process, not only may the bags be broken but also the quality of end products will be affected.
5. Packing: Although packing is the last step in the process of making animal manure pellets, it’s not the least important because both convenient storage and delivery count on this.
(Note: In actual practice, the first, fourth and fifth steps can all be omitted under the circumstances that animal manures are air dried to required moisture, produced organic pelleted fertilizer are naturally cooled, and large enough containers are prepared for pellets holding.)
The Changes of Physical Properties
Compared with raw animal manures, most physical properties of animal manure pellets have some changes except for color.
1. From irregular to regular shape: That animal waste has no regular and uniform shape is known by us all. On the contrary, produced poultry waste compost pellets are all cylinders with 6~12mm diameter after being cut by same cutters and extruded from same-size dies in the animal manure pellet machine.
2. From soft to hard hardness: The high moisture in livestock waste makes it soft in some degree, while that of organic pelleted fertilizer is low after drying process.
3. From small to large density: Special molding technology makes the originally dispersed animal manures concentrate together into animal manure pellets and increases the weight of same cubic meters, reaching at least 650kg/m³.
4. From odorous to mild smell: Lack and uneasiness of packing for livestock waste will lead to all its odorous smell exposing without any shelter. However, livestock waste pellets packed and sealed in bags won’t have such problem.
5. From dirty to clean appearance: Operation of animal manures may make your clothes and hands get dirty because much moisture is contained, which may be very disgusting and intolerable, while that of animal manure pellets can save you trouble on this aspect.
The Changes of Features as Fertilizer
Many people may say, since animal manures can be used as fertilizer themselves, why to trouble processing them into pellets? Well, advantages of organic pelleted fertilizer cover wide application, little pollution, easy using, uniform efficiency and convenient transportation. Concrete answer to the above question is listed below.
1. From limited to expanded application: Animal wastes are usually used in backyard garden or nearby cropland, because long-distance delivery of them is not so easy. In comparison, the application of poultry waste compost pellets is a lot wider, both self-using and faraway selling acceptable.
2. From large to little pollution: The pollution talked about here includes both personal and environmental. On one hand, wherever the livestock manures are spread, unpleasant odor will give off and affect the mood of neighbors. On the other hand, even short-distance transportation may leak some out by the roadside, which not only does harm to environment but also increases workload for sanitation men.
3. From difficult to easy spreading: Compared with the uneven and manual spreading of poultry waste, that for the products made in manure pellet production line can realize mechanized operation in virtue of their scattered property and dry feature.
4. From non-uniform to uniform effect: The uneven mix of different manures and uneven spreading of them may both cause the non-uniform fertilizing effect of animal waste. On the contrary, livestock manure pellet machine has made sure all its feedstock blends evenly before discharging, which enables produced organic pelleted fertilizer to take the same effect with the same soil condition.
5. From expensive to cheap transportation: Shown in the above introduction, the density of animal manure pellets is much higher than that of original materials, making the former occupies less space with the same weight of them. With no doubt, the cost for transportation will differ to a large extent accordingly.